Baptism is one of two sacramental ordinances given by Jesus. It marks the beginning of new life with Christ. Baptism represents a first act of obedience to Christ, is a public profession of faith, and is a ceremonial welcoming into Jesus' Church—the Body of Christ. And for our church, it's a big celebration! Every new Christ-follower should be baptized.
To be baptized at Port City Community Church,
- Register, using this form.
- Complete a short study called The Absolute Basics of the Christian Faith. You can do this independently or as part of a group.
- Review these ten questions to assess your relationship with Jesus.
- After you finish the study, share your faith story, using this form.
- Meet briefly with Port City Church staff so we can cover logistical information, orient you and give you a tour, and answer any questions you might have.
If you were baptized as an infant or a young child, too young to choose saving faith for yourself, consider being baptized again. Otherwise, Christ-followers need to be baptized only one time.
If you have questions about baptism, let us know.